The hospital if fully equipped to offer a full range of internal medicine services.
- Resting and overground respiratory endoscopy
- Electro- and echocardiography
- On-site laboratory with the latest analysers available 24/7
- Abdominal and thoracic ultrasonography and radiography
- Ultrasound and endoscopically-guided biopsy procedures
- Dedicated stand-alone isolation facilities
The hospital is staffed with on-site vets supported by qualified veterinary nurses and recognised specialists in medicine and surgery. This enables us to provide a level of in-patient care that is unsurpassed in the region. All out-of-hours checks and treatments are performed by veterinary surgeons and intensive care unit boxes are constantly monitored via internet-linked CCTV. The hospital receives in excess of 150 colic referrals per year and has a formal system of clinical audit.
The hospital laboratory is one of the best equipped in the country with highly trained and experienced laboratory staff. This allows us to gather testing results rapidly enabling important decisions to be made within hours rather than days.
The hospital has an interest in cervical vertebral malformation and receives a high throughput of neurology cases. Where appropriate, cervical vertebral malformation cases are stabilised with Dr Barrie Grant DVM MS DACVS MRCVS consulting.